Monday, September 7, 2009

Weekend at Koh Samet



This is a picture of the beach that I visited this weekend! I was able to go on a weekend trip with some of the other teachers at my school to Koh Samet, a little island about 3-4 hours away from Bangkok. We used various modes of transportation to get there: taxi, bus, and speed boat. The speed boat was a little scary at first because it was small and we kept bouncing in the waves. It was fun though. :)


This is where we stayed on the island. This sign said "Lost Resort" and the other sign said "Last Resort" so I'm not sure what the name really was.

We spent most of the day Saturday on the beach. The water was great - it was the perfect temperature. I enjoyed standing in the waves for a while - long enough to get sunburned. :)

That night we went for dinner at a really neat restaurant. We got on a little boat to get there. The tables were all over the water, so our feet dangled above the water while we were eating. The food was really good too!















The ride getting to and from the restaurant was an adventure because the roads are all unpaved and very bumpy. We rode in the back of a truck with seats. The roads are also very narrow!

All in all the trip was a blessing for me. It was really nice to get away from school for the weekend and to get to know some of the other teachers here. I'm really glad I got the chance to go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment